SEACUS is committed to empowering active seniors; protecting vulnerable adults; supporting caregiving families; and providing compassionate supportive services for frail elderly and disabled adults.
Who is SEACUS?
SEACUS is a local non-profit that has been providing services in Graham and Greenlee Counties for 15 years. We currently serve over 300 community members in Graham and Greenlee Counties.
To improve the quality of life for mature adults in the Gila Valley through education & activity, family caregiver support and quality compassionate care.
That every aging community member will have access to health education and activities, and will have the option of growing old in the comfort and safety of their own home.
Give our aging and disabled community members the opportunity to stay in their homes, while maintaining their independence and dignity.
- Support families who have taken on the roles associated with caregiving.
- Engage active seniors in activities encouraging health, wellness, and chronic disease management
- Protect vulnerable adults through community education and advocacy
- Partner with other agency to give seniors better access to services
- Educate the public on issues concerning the elderly.
How do we meet our goals?
- By providing supportive services such as:
- Personal Care (assisting with bathing and grooming to assure safety)
- Housekeeping (light housekeeping, meal preparation, shopping, and errands)
- Home-delivered and Congregate Meals
- In-home Respite (supervision, allowing breaks for family members)
- Adaptive Aid, Home Repair, and Home Modification Assistance
- Durable Equipment Lending Closet
- Case Management (Help navigate system, advocate, connect to resources)
- Informal Caregiver Training (Training for family members who are caregivers)
- SHIP Counselor partnership (Medicare counseling available at our site)
- Community Education and Awareness Activities
- Senior Center activities and wellness programming
Community education using evidence based trainings:
- Matter of Balance fall prevention program
- Chronic Disease Self Management program
- CarePRO for families providing care for members with Alzheimer’s disease